Electric pressure cookers are an essential part of every home. It’s fun to use, it’s fast and it also saves electricity and time. As most people will think though, pressure cookers are not a recent invention.
Electric pressure cooking is the act of making food with liquid (water or others) under pressure with electricity as the source of fuel. Pressure cooking will go with the same definition; the only difference here is that it doesn’t use electricity as a source of fuel.
Here are some questions I’d be answering. What’s an electric pressure cooker? How do you use an electric pressure cooker? Electric pressure cooker vs. Pressure cooker and more. Before answering some of these questions, I share with you some of the many benefits of cooking with a pressure cooker.
6 Best Electric Pressure Cookers In 2023
- Pressure Cooker: Easily transform the ingredients into flavorful food, juicy and tender.
- Air Fryer: Amazing Pressure Cooker to cook, roast, bake, broil and air fry.
- TenderCrisper: It delightfully cooks to lock in juices in order to give the best outcome in the shape of crispy TenderCrisp meals.
- Frozen to Crispy: Ninja Pressure Cooker hardly takes 20 minutes to cook frozen meat.
- 360 Meals: Easily can cook, grains, meat, proteins, veggies and other things.
- One-Pot Wonders: Now elevate your desserts, chilis, stews and casseroles with a delicious layer of topping.
- 6.5-Quart Cook: Ninja Pressure cooker can cook up to 5 pounds chicken or 3 pounds of fresh fries.
- Pressure cook: This Electric Pressure cooker has the ability to deliver 70% faster cooking than the traditional pressure cookers.
- Safety: 14 levels of safety just ensures about how safe it is to use even if you don’t know how to operate?
- Others: 1400-watt unit, 4-quart ceramic-coated Cook & Crisp Basket, crisping lid, pressure lid, 6.5-quart ceramic-coated pot, and can Steam, Slow Cook, Roast and Broil.
- Weight: 25.8 Pounds
- Dimension: 14.25 x 16.75 x 13.1 Inches
- Material Type: Plastic, Metal, Rubber
- Capacity: 6.5 Quart
- Wattage: 1400 watts
- Number of Stove Top Temperature Settings: 5
The Ninja OP301 is an all in one or more like 9 in 1 kind of pot, if you want to buy cheap Ninja pressure cooker then Ninja Foodi Tender Crisp Pressure Cooker is the smart choice for you, believe me, you are gonna love this.
It pressure cooks, slow cooks, Air fries, crisps with its crisping lid, Steams, sear, bake, roast, and broil. You see how wonderful this pot is. According to the Ninja pot makers, they say the Ninja OP301 Foodi starts where other pressure cookers end.
I have no reason not to agree with this. With this pot, you don’t get to just enjoy pressure cooking, but you also get to enjoy the multi-functions of this pot. With a 6.5 quartz (6.15L) capacity, you could a large meal at once. You could fry or bake your full-sized chicken without needing an oven. This pot is that big. With this pot, you wouldn’t have a need for many different types of pots.
With 14 different safety levels, almost nothing could go wrong. The pot is easy to clean; it comes with non-stick technology. Then the pot actually saves you thawing time, and you can cook straight from the freezer to the pot and still your food will be cooked from inside out.
Ninja Fooldi pressure cookers are widely purchased online due to their elegant performance and sturdy design. Also comes with a 45 meal recipe book to give you sumptuous meal ideas.
- Rice Cooker and Food Steamer: Aroma is best known for rice cooking and food steaming, it is a small electric pressure cooker for a small family.
- Versatile: It is fantastic to use and versatile in all aspects.
- Delicious & Nutritious: Small but the beasty one with built-in steamer functions that can cook rice, make soup and other nutritious meals.
- Accessories: New Aroma includes measuring cup, steam tray, soup spoon, rice spatula and non-stick inner pot.
- Easy to Clean: Lusty layer is simply awesome and easy to clean.
- Multi-function: A variety of multi-function allows you to easily cook, one-touch cooking makes it easy and pretty useful. Moreover, you can add a delay timer for cooking.
- Weight: 5.45 Pounds
- Dimension: 11.2 x 10.8 x 11.4 Inches
- Material Type: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 10 Cups
- Colour: Silver, Black
The Aroma housewares Professional Plus ARC-5000SB is like the perfect rice cooker. Apart from cooking rice, you can do many other great things in the kitchen with this equipment. It can be used to slow cook, steam and even sauté then simmer. With this piece of equipment, cooking is just made easier.
Apart from your rice, you can use it in preparing veggies, meat, soup, and even cake, yeah, it’s that versatile. With a dimension of 11.2” x 10.8” x 11.4” giving a capacity of 4quatrz you can have enough rice for 6 people.
This digital rice cooker is made from stainless steel with a non-stick interior for easy cleaning. It’s also easy to use; it has preset buttons for whatever kind of rice you’d like to cook. To make cooking easier, this appliance comes with a cup for measuring rice, plastic spatula, and steam tray.
Aroma Housewares Pressure Cooker is the awesome smart beasty with ultra-fast cooking, it can easily cook 70% faster than other pressure cookers, you know I am talking about the old ones. While talking about safety, it has a powerful and safe mechanism that may be pretty safe in any condition.
- 15 Preset Smart Programs: Delivers awesome input function keys to make your work easier and fast. Flexibility with pre-programmable buttons looks unique to operate.
- 2 Dishes: It has the ability to cook two dishes at the same time.
- Sturdy and Strong: A pressure cooker that is made of Ceramic non-stick interior coating, plastic PTFE and PFOA.
- Stainless Steel: It is one of the best electric Stainless Steel pressure cookers that have the ability to deliver inspiring cooking experiences through the dedicated advanced technological system.
- Manual Setting: Easy to initiate and operate through a keypad control system, you can also set it from one minute to 99 minutes, depending upon your cooking desire.
- Delay Timer: You can delay cooking up to 24 hours and wish to cook automatically after some time, well, it will do it.
- Others: It includes Tempered Glass Lid, Measuring Cup, Spoon, Steamer Basket and Silicone Gasket
- Weight: 16.2 Pounds
- Dimension: 16 x 13 x 13 Inches
- Material Type: MU-ULTPOT
- Size: 6 qt
With a 4.9 Amazon review rating on durability, this is a home cooking appliance you can trust to stand the test of time. Made with German technology, we know the German reputation for efficiency and long-lasting machines. This pressure cooker is the king of versatility. It’s a 10 in 1 cooker with the ability to cook your food in so many different ways.
The Mueller UltraPot 6Q cooker can be used to steam, slow cook, cook rice, Sauté, steam make yoghurt and so much more. With 15 preset programs, so you can start cooking with just the push of a button. You can also set the timer manually to how long you want the food to be cooked for.
A pressure cooker that has the ability to cook food for your family with faster and healthier cooking recipes and also helps you to save your time and money by utilizing minimum power or electricity. The seal is powerful that helps to maintain pressure, ultimately gives fast results. With smart control, it eradicates all problems as controlling becomes easy and so soft that you can just click on buttons to let the pressure cooker do the rest.
This pressure cooker uses cutting-edge technology so you and your family can enjoy the beneﬁts of better, faster and healthier cooking. Your pressure cooker seals in steam to cook hotter and faster while maintaining important nutrients for healthier meals. Cooking fast and with less water saves vital natural resources and energy! It’s the easiest pressure cooker to use on the market.
- Easy Release Steam Dial: A decent pressure cooker that holds pressure to quickly serve your food with a pleasing taste.
- Convenient: Delay Start/cooking option gives you an additional touch to cook automatically when you are ready to take your food.
- Capacity: This cheap pressure cooker makes your work easy by serving more than 7 people at the same time because it is one of the best 8-quart pressure cookers of the modern era.
- Handy Features: Never mind, it’s not the end, you have better options here just check out the decent slow cook, brown, boil, pressure cook, steam and simmer with advanced electric features that make your work amazingly perfect and simple.
- Safe: New advanced features will allow you safe cooking.
- Easy to Wash: Don’t worry while cleaning the pressure cooker, it is very smooth and easy to wash.
- Weight: 17.37 Pounds
- Dimension: 14.9 x 13.9 x 16 Inches
- Material Type: Stainless Steel
- Size: 8QT
The Crock-Pot Sccppc800 pot is an ideal pressure pot for large families. It comes with an 8qt capacity and is multi programmable. Apart from the basic pressure cooking functions, it also comes with other functions such as Slow cook, brown, Sauté, Steam, simmer and even boil.
With 13 preset programs, you can start cooking your meals with the drop of a hat. You can also manually input how long you want it to cook for. The pressure cooker is made from stainless steel on the outside and non-stick PFOA free materials on the inside, the pot is easy to wash and is also dishwasher safe.
With this crockpot, you have a programmable extra-large pot; it can prepare a meal for 10+ people at once. Crock-Pot is the ultimate choice if you have a big family, though it is a little bit heavy but can fit all your requirements and demands easily. It is the trademark of quality among pressure cookers these days.
- Size: It is the smartest pressure cooker with elegant capacity, probably enough for 6 people to serve.
- 7 Appliances: A decent pressure cooker that has 7 kitchen appliances in one, ensures a powerful and trendy mechanism of cooking.
- Amazing Results: One of the finest pressure cooker that keeps you alert about temperature, time, pressure and adjust heat automatically to ensure healthy cooking.
- Easy to Clean: Material is so unique that you hardly need the effort to clean your lid or pot, it cleans like soft tissue without putting too much hand’s pressure, the smooth and silky layer is easy to wash.
- Safety: 10 Ensured safety mechanism to give you inner satisfaction.
- Weight: 14.15 Pounds
- Dimension: 13.4 x 12.2 x 12.5 Inches
- Material Type: Stainless steel
- Size: 6 Qt
- Wattage: 1000 watts
Different meals and cooking styles require different appliances, this could get your kitchen crowded and no one likes a crowded kitchen. The instant pot duo solves that problem very easily. It is a 7 in one pot. Imagine one pot being able to do what 6 other pots can do. This solves the problem of congestion in your kitchen.
What you have in the instant pot duo pressure cooker is a rice cooker, steamer, sauté, slow cooker and a warmer. It is a 6 qt pot, suitable for a 6 people meal. It comes with a lot of accessories which can make you cooking easier. Some of these include an app with over 1000 recipes, sealing ring, rice paddle and holder amongst others. With 14 one-touch preset programs, you can start cooking immediately you buy it.
If you ask about the smart pressure cooker, obviously, Instant Pot Duo is the one and only choice as it’s decent pink colour is catchy. What else can you expect from a pressure cooker when you have 7-in-one electric pressure cooker experience with one-touch option makes it very simple and decent.
- 8-in-1 Multi-functional Appliance: Enjoy the excitement of modern pressure cooking through multi-functional 8 in 1 appliance, all in one, making it an extra-ordinary pressure cooker.
- Sleek & User Friendly: The most interesting thing about the electric pressure cookers is that they are easy to use, even one touch can do your work smoothly, similarly, GoWise Pressure cooker does the same thing for you.
- Large Space: Don’t look the outer oval shape of this pressure cooker, though it is the best oval shape pressure cooker it has a large capacity for your family to cook food at once.
- Accessories: 5 accessories enhance cooking and make it easy for you. It includes measuring cup, ladle, mesh basket, rice spoon and flat steaming.
- One-Touch: Like other electric pressure cookers, it also includes PFOA-free inner pot and amazing one-touch will surely give you excitement and unique cooking exposure.
- Dishwasher safe pot: Don’t worry while cleaning it, this pressure cooker has classy and smooth layer that is easy to wash.
- Weight: 22.9 Pounds
- Dimension: 12 x 17 x 11 Inches
- Material Type: Stainless steel, Plastic, Aluminum
- Size: 8.5 Qt
- Wattage: 1300 watts
Here’s an all in one pressure cooker, more like an 8 in one pressure cooker. It Sautés, Steams, Slow cooks, and does many more things in the kitchen. This appliance will take the place of many cooking appliances in your kitchen and help you clear your countertop. With 8.5qt capacity, you can cook large meals, and even cook a whole chicken at once.
The GoWise Pressure cooker helps you prepare meals faster and saves you time. Made from stainless steel on the outside and PFOA free ceramic non-stick material on the inside. Thus making the pot easy to wash. The buttons are user friendly, it also comes with preset programs for different stuff that can be cooked in the pot. With up to 24 hour timer, you can delay cooking by 24 hours or slow cook your meals for up to 24 hours.
12 in 1 electric pressure cooker that seems to be very small but contains a large capacity to deliver delicious taste without any delay as it can cook more than 70% faster than a traditional pressure cooker. Cool touch experience will amaze you with astonishing PFOA-free inner pot and so many other options that you would definitely love while experiencing.
What are the benefits of Cooking with Pressure Cooker?
Imagine being able to reduce cooking time by up to 90 percent, save energy in the process and even retain the nutrients in your food by up to 90 percent. That’s what pressure cooker does for you. Our traditional cooking methods have some defects; however, we could do nothing about them until pressure cooking was discovered.
Cooking food and vegetable for long periods of time reduces the number of nutrients that would be gotten from the food. Also as the vapour comes out of the pot, some of the nutrients that should be had in the body also escape.
Pressure cooking, on the other hand, is the opposite of this. It locks up the nutrients as no air is allowed to escape until cooking is done. It saves time and with the lesser amount of time used in cooking, the food maintains more nutrients as overcooking is avoided. In the end, you’re saving time, eating healthier and tastier meals, while you save money on power.
What is an electric pressure cooker?
An electric pressure cooker is a special kind of pot for preparing meals. It differs from your regular pot in a number of ways. In the sense that it not only uses heat to cook your meals, but it also used pressure which quickens the process of meal preparation.
This appliance comes with an electric heating element, temperature, and pressure sensors and an inner pot, where the cooking is actually done. And the whole contraption is controlled by microprocessors. All the cook has to do is put the ingredients in, specify how much time the food should be cooked and the pot will take care of the rest. This is cooking made easy.
How do you use an electric pressure cooker?
It is easy to use a pressure cooker. One fear people have of pressure cookers is perhaps from their experiences as kids. You know the whole rattling noise (I hated that noise and still do) and the propensity for the pot to go boom (explode) and send the dinner in every direction.
If it ever happened to you and you had to clean the kitchen, you’d never want to use a pressure pot again, and that’s quite understandable. To use an electric pressure cooker all you have to do it put in the ingredients, add some water, and set for how long you want the meal to be cooked. Push the button and go to rest. When the time is up the pressure will be released and the food will stop cooking.
Electric pressure cooker vs. Pressure cooker
Electric pressure cookers are a kind of pressure cooker. They were invented perhaps in the last 30 years and as time went on, they were improved. If we have electric pressure cookers that would mean that we would have non-electric pressure cookers.
The difference between them basically is the method by which heat is provided. For the electric pressure cooker, heat is provided through a heating filament, and then it is controlled by a microprocessor. Non-electric well does not use electricity. Most electric pressure cookers are programmable; the same cannot be said for non-electric pressure cookers.
When Was Pressure cooker invented?
Pressure cooking was invented about 350 years ago by a French man named Denis Papin. And by the time the Second World War was in fuel gear, the pot had gained popularity. This was for obvious reasons; it cooked faster, thereby saving time and fuel. In war times and fuel wasn’t exactly in surplus. This type of pressure cooker was the stovetop kind of cooker. Unlike the electric cooker which seems to be more popular in today’s world.
In 1991 a certain Chinese man took out a patent for an electric pressure cooker, and now the pattern is owned by Midea. Of course, there’s a little bit of argument about who really invented the product. We would like to discuss it later as it is not the bone of contention for me. I’d rather spend my time addressing some of the questions you might have about the electric pressure cooker.
Do electric pressure cookers use a lot of electricity?
If it takes you 1 hour to make a meal with a normal pot, using an electric stove, and then you use 20 minutes to prepare a meal using an electric pressure cooker, which will consume more electricity? The answer is obvious, right? Electric pressure pots use the heat produced from electricity and pressure which further raises the temperature of the pot to make meals.
Therefore the amount of electricity needed to get to a certain temperature is lesser than using a normal pot. And since it cooks for shorter periods of time, you get to use lesser electricity. Electricity pressure cookers are actually ways to save electricity.
Which is Better Stove Top or Electric Pressure Cooker?
If you are going to use a pressure cooker, then just go ahead and use the electric pressure cooker. This is because they are programmable. That is you can decide how long you want the meal to be cooked for. When the time elapses the power will automatically shut off and pressure will be released. Stovetop stoves are not like this.
There is no option for you to program the stovetop pressure cooker. The pressure release also has to be done manually, by pressing on a button. This one has more propensity to explode if the pressure limit of the pot is exceeded. Lots of care is needed while using it. The electric pressure cookers are automatic and need no hard and fast rules to operate.
Electric pressure pots are very unlike your grandma’s pressure cooker. There’s no whistling or those funny noises which we know those pots to make, well, those are stovetop pressure cookers, by the way, and you have to be pretty clear about it while choosing the best electric pressure cookers available these days.
For convenience, for love of good food and fast cook meals, electric pressure cookers are the way to go. The pots we’ve reviewed come at various features and prices. We are sure you’ll be able to find one or two pots to suit your needs and pocket.